This live webinar will fulfill the mandatory annual requirement for each member of the dental staff to be familiar with an Emergency Protocol.
This program is a Live interactive Webinar : you set the date and time: Participants can attend by all being in your office or from their homes.
You would need access to a desktop/laptop/ipad / iphone/android to attend
AGD Code# 142
*Understanding of the most common medical emergencies in presentation and treatment options.
*Review of vital signs, medical health history, and documentation
*Understanding what drugs are in an emergency drug kit, their indications, contraindications, dose and route of administration
This course will teach you and your staff the fundamentals of handling medical emergencies. It will answer the following questions: *Is there a protocol for managing a medical emergency in your office? *What action would be taken? *Who is responsible for documentation? *What drugs or equipment should be readily available in the office? This course will prepare your office and staff for a variety of emergencies. This course is recommended for the entire dental team.
NEW JERSEY BOARD OF DENTISTRY LAW AND PUBLIC SAFETY
Chapter 30; Page 94 of ; Last Revision Date: 07/18/2016
13:30-8.26 EMERGENCY PROTOCOL
- a) Each dental office, facility, dental clinic, or institution at which there is patient contact, at a minimum, shall:
1) Have a written protocol for managing medical or dental emergencies;
2) Have equipment to maintain adult and pediatric airways;
3) Have an ambu bag (bag-valve-mask resuscitator); and
4) Ensure that all staff are trained upon hire, and at least annually thereafter, to implement the emergency protocol.
Credits: 3 CEU’s for the 3 Hour Webinar for Managing Medical Emergencies [AGD Code # 142]
Location: All classes are at this time Live Webinars
Instructor: Joe Rector BS ENG., OSHA Authorized General Industry OutReach Trainer