This program will review the current Adopted Emergency Amendments and concurrent proposed Amendments in reference to Prescribing CDS and Management of Acute and Chronic Pain. As per the Boards website:
The continuing dental education requirement in this subsection shall be subject to the provisions of P.L.1991, c.490 (C.45:6-10.1 et seq.), including, but not limited to, the New Jersey Board of Dentistry Law DEPARTMENT OF LAW AND PUBLIC SAFETY Revised 7/11/2019 Page 8 authority of the board to waive the provisions of this section for a specific individual if the board deems it is appropriate to do so. b. The New Jersey State Board of Dentistry, pursuant to the “Administrative Procedure Act,” P.L.1968, c.410 (C.52:14B-1 et seq.), shall adopt such rules and regulations as are necessary to effectuate the purposes of this section. L.2017, c.28, s.18.
This program can be viewed using a laptop/desktop/I-Phone. Once you purchase the program, you will receive an instruction sheet which will contain the links to:
*Quiz and Evaluation
Upon completion of your quiz and evaluation you will be emailed your certificate of completion.
Alternative approaches and pain management strategies will be reviewed as well as mandated topics including: informed consent for opioids, documentation, use of the prescription drug monitoring program, patient and caregiver education and minimizing patient exposure to opioids.
Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this program participants will be able to:
- Describe opioid-reducing strategies for post treatment pain management in dentistry
- Discuss the current opioid epidemic in the US and worldwide and the role of the dentist in reducing the magnitude of this problem
- Describe how a dentist can prevent or reduce the likelihood of misuse, diversion and abuse of opioids
- Identify State required limits and guidelines related to prescribing controlled substances
- List the responsibilities of the dentist when providing pain management to patients from patient education to proper prescribing to careful documentation.
This program may be attended by Dentists, Dental Hygienists and Dental Assistants.
- CE Credits; 1 Ceu