This program is a LIVE INTERACTIVE Webinar.
Requirements to attend a live webinar:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- To verify attendance, a code word may be given sometime during the class.
- You will be required to complete and return an evaluation after the course has ended. The evaluation may ask what code word was given.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after the course.
This class will identify the necessary infection control protocol which every office should know in our new COVID environment.
TAKE THIS CLASS WITH THE ONE HOUR TAPED OPIOID CLASS!
2 CEUs [AGD Code #: 148]
Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this program you will be able to understand:
- The modes & mechanisms of transmission of pathogenic organisms in the dental setting & strategies for prevention and control.
- Practice controls to reduce the opportunity for patient & healthcare worker exposure to potentially infectious material.
- Selection and use of barriers and/or personal protective equipment.
- Creating-Maintaining a safe environment for patient care through application of infection control principles-practices re: cleaning-disinfection-sterilization.
- The prevention and management of infectious or communicable disease
Course Description: This program will cover the following:
- Pathogen transmission and the workplace controls
- How to identify and utilize Barrier Techniques.
- The different types of sterilizations procedures & OSHA and State requirements
- Responsibility of dental professionals: How to practice-monitor infection control practices
This class will satisfy the requirement for all Certified Dental Assistants
that must earn a minimum of 2 CEU credits in infection control annually
as well as the Infection Control Requirement for Dentists and Dental Hygienists for license renewal.
This program is for all Dental Team Members: Dentist, Dental Hygienist, Dental Assistant, Front Office.
The NJ State Board of Dentistry has voted that Registered Dental Hygienists are required to complete the Opioid and Infection Control CE as part of license renewal.
The requirements include:
One hour of continuing education in educational programs on topics concerning prescription opioid drugs, including the risks and signs of opioid abuse, addiction, and diversion.
One hour of continuing education in preventing and controlling infectious diseases and managing personnel health and safety concerns related to infection control in dental settings, as well as Ethics and CPR.