Live Webinar: You will receive webinar link information prior to the seminar: we use go to meeting as a webinar platform
**This class will identify the necessary infection control protocol which every office should know about prior to opening back up.
Date: Thursday May 14, 2020 Time: 7:00pm to 9:00pm
2 Ceu’s [AGD Code #: 148]
Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this program you will be able to understand:
- The modes & mechanisms of transmission of pathogenic organisms in the dental setting & strategies for prevention and control.
- Practice controls to reduce the opportunity for patient & healthcare worker exposure to potentially infectious material.
- Selection and use of barriers and/or personal protective equipment.
- Creating-Maintaining a safe environment for patient care through application of infection control principles-practices re: cleaning-disinfection-sterilization.
- The prevention and management of infectious or communicable disease
Course Description: This program will cover the following:
- Pathogen transmission and the workplace controls
- How to identify and utilize Barrier Techniques.
- The different types of sterilizations procedures & OSHA and State requirements
- Responsibility of dental professionals: How to practice-monitor infection control practices
This class will satisfy the requirement for all Certified Dental Assistants
that must earn a minimum of 2 CEU credits in infection control annually
This program is for all Dental Team Members: Dentist, Dental Hygienist, Dental Assistant, Front Office