Live Webinar: You will need an I-phone, I-pad, Lap Top, or Desk Top to participate, You do not need a
microphone or webcam.
You will receive webinar link information prior to the seminar:
**This class will identify the necessary infection control protocol which every office should know in our new Covid Environment as well as
full fill the Infection Control CE REQUIREMENT for Dentist and Dental Hygienists for the 2021 renewal period.
TAKE THIS CLASS WITH THE ONE HOUR TAPED OPIOID CLASS
2 Ceu’s [AGD Code #: 148]
Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this program you will be able to understand:
- The modes & mechanisms of transmission of pathogenic organisms in the dental setting & strategies for prevention and control.
- Practice controls to reduce the opportunity for patient & healthcare worker exposure to potentially infectious material.
- Selection and use of barriers and/or personal protective equipment.
- Creating-Maintaining a safe environment for patient care through application of infection control principles-practices re: cleaning-disinfection-sterilization.
- The prevention and management of infectious or communicable disease
Course Description: This program will cover the following:
- Pathogen transmission and the workplace controls
- How to identify and utilize Barrier Techniques.
- The different types of sterilizations procedures & OSHA and State requirements
- Responsibility of dental professionals: How to practice-monitor infection control practices
This class will satisfy the requirement for all Certified Dental Assistants
that must earn a minimum of 2 CEU credits in infection control annually
as well as the new Infection Control Requirement for Dentists and Dental Hygienists for the 2021 Renewal Period
This program is for all Dental Team Members: Dentist, Dental Hygienist, Dental Assistant, Front Office
The NJ State Board of Dentistry has voted that Registered Dental Hygienists are required to complete the Opioid and Infection Control CE this renewal period
(which expires on December 31, 2021)
The requirements include:
One hour of continuing education in educational programs on topics concerning prescription opioid drugs, including the risks and signs of opioid abuse, addiction, and diversion.
One hour of continuing education in preventing and controlling infectious diseases and managing personnel health and safety concerns related to infection control in dental settings.
The remaining 4 mandatory CE hours (Ethics and CPR) will be required starting next renewal period.