Medial Emergencies Home Study Book Covers:If you would like a book mailed to you, please purchase the shipping separately under the Home Study listing.
Medical emergencies can happen to anyone at anytime. This course will discuss the most common emergencies that can happen in the dental office, how to recognize and treat them. The new hypertension guidelines are also discussed.
1. To be familiar with the proper dental office preparation and how to prevent emergencies in the office.
2. To identify signs and symptoms of different types of health emergencies and how to react to those emergencies properly.
3. To identify the anatomy of the airway and explain the different kinds of airway obstruction.
4. List the office and occupational hazards, treatments and prevention.
5. Differentiate between an allergen, antigen and antibody.
6. Explain the importance of preventing bacterial endocarditis when treating a patient with rheumatic heart disease.
7. List the signs and symptoms of the different types of epilepsy and describe the treatment and prevention of each.
8. To become familiar with the different types of cerebrovascular accidents, know the signs and symptoms, and the treatment for any in the dental office.
6 Ceu’s Book will be emailed to you through your confirmation
Upon Completion of the Home Study book, the quiz at the end must be mailed | faxed in to receive your credits. Credits are earned when the Quiz is received at our facility. NOTE: Once purchased, these cannot be returned for refund.Once you pay for this booklet you will be emailed a link to access it.