This is a Live interactive webinar:
Requirements to attend a live webinar:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- To verify attendance, a code word may be given sometime during the class.
- You will be required to complete and return an evaluation after the course has ended. The evaluation may ask what code word was given.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after the course.
Sit back, Relax, and Enjoy this Live/Interactive Webinar from your Location:
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand the difference between cannabis and hemp and describe the uses for each.
• Learn the mechanism of action of CBD.
• Discuss the dental benefits of CBD including CBD toothpaste, mouthwash and floss
infused with cannabinoids and terpenes (cannabis essential oils).
• Discuss the medicinal benefits of CBD, including anxiety, pain, inflammation and
• Learn patient education strategies for CBD education, dispensing CBD in the office and
prescribing cannabis when necessary.
Description: As hemp is legalized in all 50 states, dental professionals are faced with a lack of
knowledge and understanding of hemp, cannabis and the potential uses for each. This two-hour
course examines cannabidiol (CBD) and describes the action, application, and potential future of
CBD in dentistry.
Date: Wednesday September 20, 2023
Time: 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Credits: 2 CEUs [AGD code #157 & 495]
*This program is for the full dental staff –no prior skills are needed to attend
Instructor: Nicole Greco, R.D.H., B.S., M.A. is a Cannabis Educator with New Jersey Alternative Medicine and a Holistic Dental Hygienist. Nicole spent 15 years as a formal dental hygiene educator, serving as Dean for Baker College of Auburn Hills, Michigan which closed August 2016. She has held Dental Hygiene licenses in four states (NY, NJ, PA, MI) and medical marijuana cards in 3 states (MI, CA,NJ) Nicole is looking to share the miracles she witnesses in both Holistic Dentistry using microscopy, ozone therapy and probiotics and Alternative Medicine using Cannabis, Hemp and the essential oils of Cannabis called Terpenes. Nicole received her Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene, NY University and her Master of Arts in Health Education from Columbia University. Nicole Greco has no financial relationships relevant to this presentation to disclose.
Dental Studies Institute is ADA CERP recognized provider, #07394037. The formal continuing education program of this sponsor are accepted by AGD for Fellowship/Mastership credit. The current term of acceptance extends for 03/03/1994 to 12/31/2024. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Dental Studies Institute designates each activity for continuing education credits. Credits are listed in each course description.
**The Content and format of this Continuing Education course is presented without commercial bias and does not claim superiority of any commercial product or service. No DSI Staff have a financial relationship with this speaker or company.