This is a comprehensive review of the DANB NJ Expanded Functions exam. This is a lecture, question and answer review. All contents of the exam will be covered. Bring your questions. Due to the short duration of this program, the format is reviewing the exam topics in a question and answer format. Full teaching of each topic is not covered in this program. This class is ideal for individuals who have already attended a longer program and/or have been studying for the exam. Hands on skills will not be covered in this program.
Students should also have the following books:
- “Modern Dental Assisting” book 10th or 11th edition, by Robinson and Bird
- “Dental Materials “ Clinical Applications for Dental Assistants and Dental Hygienists. 3rd edition, Hatrick and Eakle
- “Dental Assisting: A Comprehensive Approach”, 3rd and 4th editions. Delmar, 2008 and 2013.
- “Essentials of Dental Assisting”. 5th edition. Elsevier, 2013. 5. Harris, Norman O., Franklin Garcia-Godoy and Christine Nielson Nathe.
- “Primary Preventive Dentistry”. 7th and 8th ed. Harris and Nathe, 2008 and 2014.
Credits: 4 CEU’s
Instructor: Yesenia Sosa, CDA,RDA, Dental Studies Institute staff