This program is a LIVE INTERACTIVE Webinar. Live webinars are considered live credits, not distance learning.
Requirements to attend a live webinar:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- To verify attendance, a code word may be given sometime during the class.
- You will be required to complete and return an evaluation after the course has ended. The evaluation may ask what code word was given.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Live webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after the course.
This is a comprehensive review of the DANB NJ Expanded Functions exam. This is a lecture, question and answer review. All contents of the exam will be covered. Bring your questions. Due to the short duration of this program, the format is reviewing the exam topics in a question and answer format. Full teaching of each topic is not covered in this program. This class is ideal for individuals who have already attended a longer program and/or have been studying for the exam. Hands on skills will not be covered in this program.
Students should also have the following books:
- “Modern Dental Assisting” book 10th or 11th edition, by Robinson and Bird
- “Dental Materials “ Clinical Applications for Dental Assistants and Dental Hygienists. 3rd edition, Hatrick and Eakle
- “Dental Assisting: A Comprehensive Approach”, 3rd and 4th editions. Delmar, 2008 and 2013.
- “Essentials of Dental Assisting”. 5th edition. Elsevier, 2013. 5. Harris, Norman O., Franklin Garcia-Godoy and Christine Nielson Nathe.
- “Primary Preventive Dentistry”. 7th and 8th ed. Harris and Nathe, 2008 and 2014.
Credits: 4 CEUs
Instructor: Yesenia Sosa, CDA,RDA, Dental Studies Institute staff