This program is a LIVE INTERACTIVE Webinar.
Requirements to attend a live webinar:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Live webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
This 30 hour review class covers the following topics:
General Chairside ( 20 hours) / Infection Control Prep ( 10 hours)
This program is a review to prepare the student for the Dental Assisting National Board Certification exam (DANB). The course is designed to review the contents of each component of the exam which includes General Chairside and *Infection Control.
- Applicants must have 2 years experience or graduate from an ADA-accredited Dental Assisting program (not this course). *The Infection Control portion of the exam has no work experience requirement.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED (Foreign diplomas must be evaluated for US equivalency .. there is a $130.00 charge for this service).
- Must have completed an accredited Dental Radiology program.
- Must be certified in BLS CPR for the Healthcare Provider (BLS CPR) before you take the exam. You may take the class without BLS CPR certification.
General Chairside Assisting (GC) 120 multiple-choice items
Patient Preparation and Documentation 17
Patient Management and Administrative Duties 17
Four-Handed Chairside Dentistry 50
Diagnostic/Laboratory Procedures and Dental Materials 16
Infection Control* (ICE) 100 multiple-choice items
Standard precautions and the prevention of disease transmission 20
Prevention of cross-contamination during procedures 34
Instrument/device processing 26
Occupational safety/administrative protocols 20
Tuition Cost: $714.00 (Includes the following Books: Modern DA, Review Questions & Answers, Dental Materials Clinical Applications for Dental Assistants & Dental Hygienists). Cost for Live Webinar is $739.00 (this includes shipping of your books)
Cost does not include DANB Infection Control Exam Fee or DANB General Chairside Exam. PRICE INCLUDES ALL YOUR BOOKS!!
If you take Infection Control Only the tuition includes the following books: Modern DA and DA Exam Review.
If you take General Chairside only the tuition includes the following books: Modern DA, DA Exam Review, & Dental Materials.
If you are attending the webinar your books will be mailed to you.