Initial Anesthesia Course for RDH
Didactic Portion: at Dental Studies Institute ( limited seating) or via Live Interactive Webinar: 3 Days of Didactic Time 9am to 4:30pm *
Clinical: at St. Joseph’s Dental Clinic in Paterson, NJ – Two Full Days
(Subject to change based on the current CDC/Federal/State Guidelines at the time of clinical.)
The first three (3) days of this program (didactic portion) can be attended as either a:
*LIVE INTERACTIVE Webinar:
Live webinars are interactive and are considered live credits; they are not distance learning.
Requirements to attend using the live webinar option:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Live webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
*OR In-Person Class (Attend at Our School):
We follow all the CDC/State guidelines for vocational schools. Please refer to the homepage of our website.
Books will be avail to pick up at our school or can be mailed to your location. (If mailed, we cannot guarantee you will have the book by the first day of class; shipping charges also apply.) This class is non-refundable. Once you register there is no refund. Please be sure before you register for this class:
*You are available for all the dates and times ( there are NO MAKEUP classes)
*If you are an out of state student please be sure this class is acceptable for your state: WE are a NJ Board approved program.
Credits: 32 CEUs
- Current RDH, American Heart Association BLS CPR for the Health-Care Provider or American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer, Current active health insurance.
- A copy of all the above must be provided with registration.
- A health history and consent form will also be provided for completion by student.
- You will learn how to administer safe and effective local anesthesia.
- The participant will also be able to recognize any adverse reactions or medical emergencies, as well as proper documentation of the delivery of local anesthetic in the patients record.
- Student will learn anatomy, techniques, and administration of local anesthetics as well as sharpening skills in health history and medical emergencies.
- This course contains 20 hours of didactic and 12 hours of clinical time which prepares you for the NERB exam.
- You must successfully complete this course prior to taking the local anesthesia NERB exam.
- There will be a lunch break. You may bring your lunch or visit many of the area’s delis or restaurants
- This program is approved by the NJ Board of Dentistry for practice in New Jersey.
- If you are seeking approval for another state please contact that state to be sure this program will qualify. Book is included in tuition and can not be excluded. Book fee is $66.71 plus $4.49 tax. Tuition include book. Books are mandatory and part of the class and are supplied the first day of class. Book Price is not deducted from the class if you do not take the book.
- You must attend all the days of class in order to successfully complete this program. There are no Make up dates available for this program. The clinical portion of the program includes both giving and receiving local anesthesia.
Instructor: Dr.Hillel Ephros, DMD, MD, Chairman, Department of Dentistry / Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Medical Director of the Regional Craniofacial Center and Residency Program Director, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery , St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center. Former examiner for the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Adjunct Professor, New York Medical College and adjunct faculty member, Columbia University and Rutgers dental schools.
**The Content and format of this Continuing Education course is presented without commercial bias and does not claim superiority of any commercial product or service. No DSI Staff have a financial relationship with this speaker or company.