- Current RDH, American Heart Association BLS CPR for the Health-Care Provider or American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer, Current active health insurance.
- A copy of all the above must be provided with registration.
- A Health history and consent form will also be provided for completion by student.
- You will learn how to administer safe and effective local anesthesia.
- The participant will also be able to recognize any adverse reactions or medical emergencies, as well as proper documentation of the delivery of local anesthetic in the patients record.
- Student will learn anatomy, techniques, and administration of local anesthetics as well as sharpening skills in health history and medical emergencies.
- This course contains 20 hours of didactic and 12 hours of clinical time which prepares you for the NERB exam.
- You must successfully complete this course prior to taking the local anesthesia NERB exam.
- There will be a lunch break. You may bring your lunch or visit many of the area’s delis or restaurants
- This program is approved by the NJ Board of Dentistry for practice in New Jersey.
- If you are seeking approval for another state please contact that state to be sure this program will qualify.
- You must attend all the days of class in order to successfully complete this program. There are no Make up dates available for this program. The clinical portion of the program includes both giving and receiving local anesthesia.
Didactic Portion: at Dental Studies Institute: Friday March 6th and 13th 9am to 4:30pm and Wed. March 18th. 25th 12:30pm to 7:30pm AND Clinical Tues. March 24th and 31st, 2020 Time: 8am to 4pm at St. Joseph’s Dental Clinic in Paterson, NJ
Credits: 32 CEU’s
Instructor: Dr.Hillel Ephros, DMD, MD, Chairman, Department of Dentistry / Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Medical Director of the Regional Craniofacial Center and Residency Program Director, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery , St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center. Former examiner for the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Adjunct Professor, New York Medical College and adjunct faculty member, Columbia University and Rutgers dental schools.