- Current RDH, American Heart Association BLS CPR for the Health-Care Provider or American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer, Current active health insurance.
- A copy of all the above must be provided with registration.
- A Health history and consent form will also be provided for completion by student.
- You will learn how to administer safe and effective local anesthesia.
- The participant will also be able to recognize any adverse reactions or medical emergencies, as well as proper documentation of the delivery of local anesthetic in the patients record.
- Student will learn anatomy, techniques, and administration of local anesthetics as well as sharpening skills in health history and medical emergencies.
- This course contains 20 hours of didactic and 12 hours of clinical time which prepares you for the NERB exam.
- You must successfully complete this course prior to taking the local anesthesia NERB exam.
- There will be a lunch break. You may bring your lunch or visit many of the area’s delis or restaurants
- This program is approved by the NJ Board of Dentistry for practice in New Jersey.
- If you are seeking approval for another state please contact that state to be sure this program will qualify.
- You must attend all the days of class in order to successfully complete this program.
LAST CLASS for 2019
Didactic Portion: at Dental Studies Institute: Wednesday May 15, 22 and Friday May 31, 2019 Time: 9am to 4:30pm and Clinical Dates Tuesday June 4 and June 11, 2019 Time: 8am to 4pm at St. Joseph’s Dental Clinic in Paterson, NJ
Credits: 32 CEU’s
Instructor: Dr.Hillel Ephros, DMD, MD, Chairman, Department of Dentistry / Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Medical Director of the Regional Craniofacial Center and Residency Program Director, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery , St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center. Former examiner for the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Adjunct Professor, New York Medical College and adjunct faculty member, Columbia University and Rutgers dental schools.