This program can be viewed using a laptop/desktop/I-Phone: You will receive directions upon completion of your purchase which will contain the links to:
*Quiz and Evaluation
Upon completion of your quiz and evaluation you will be emailed your certificate of completion. Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after your submission of your quiz and evaluation.
Viruses – At times our enemies — Sometimes our friends or as in the current pandemic, one virus is an enemy of the world
- What exactly is a virus and how does it live?
- How do these smart creatures invade us but can evade being wiped out by our body’s immune defense system which destroys most attackers?
- Why don’t antibiotics work on viruses?
- How does its shape, function and calculating brain enable viruses to “hijack our body cells”?
- How does it use our cellular systems to survive and make new “babies” to attack more cells?
- Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV, HPV
- Each of these virus invaders has a different route of infection
- Symptoms of each invader
- Therapies and vaccines (if available).
- Dental care considerations when treating patients with each of these viral infections.
- The Pandemic – Understanding COVID-19 (coronavirus SARS-CoV-2) and the Variants
- How does the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 infect a person?
- Patient symptoms from the SARS-CoV-2 attack
- What does a COVID-19 vaccine do to protect and individual
- What are the “variants” (Delta, Omicron)
- Newly FDA accepted vaccines and therapies for those infected
- Dental office protocols during the pandemic
- Teledentistry – the new “office visits” – guidelines
Credits: 3 CEUs
Location: At your convenience, electronically, with the taped version.
Instructor: Dr. Harold Cohen: is currently a Professor Emeritus at Rutgers School of Dental Medicine in Newark, NJ. He ran a private general dental practice in Old Bridge, NJ with an adjunctive focus on Orofacial Pain & Temporomandibular Disorders. In his past role at Rutgers Dental, he oversaw dental care of medically complex patients. He now has significant interests centering on immunology and genetics, which will be significant dental and medical Dx and TX considerations in the future. Dr. Harold Cohen has no financial relationships relevant to this presentation to disclose.
Dental Studies Institute is ADA CERP recognized provider, #07394037. The formal continuing education program of this sponsor are accepted by AGD for Fellowship/Mastership credit. The current term of acceptance extends for 03/03/1994 to 12/31/2024. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Dental Studies Institute designates each activity for continuing education credits. Credits are listed in each course description.
**The Content and format of this Continuing Education course is presented without commercial bias and does not claim superiority of any commercial product or service. No DSI Staff have a financial relationship with this speaker or company.