This didactic portion of this program (Day 1 only) is a taped recording and can be attended as either by webinar from your location or from out school. Dr. Ephros will be available for questions at the end of the lecture/live
*LIVE INTERACTIVE Webinar:
Live webinars are interactive and are considered live credits; they are not distance learning.
Requirements to attend using the live webinar option:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Live webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
*An In-Person Class (Attend at Our School):
We follow all the CDC/State guidelines for vocational schools. Please refer to the homepage of our website.
The clinical portion is done at St. Joseph’s Hospital Dental Clinic and may be limited; the date and time of the clinical aspect at the hospital might change and are subjected to the current CDC/State/Federal guidelines at the time of the clinical. It might be necessary to add additional dates to accommodate all students and complying with guidelines. We will not know until we get closer to the date.
This class is non-refundable. Once you register there is no refund. Please be sure before you register for this class:
*You are available for all the dates and times ( there are NO MAKEUP classes)
**If you are an out of state student please be sure this class is acceptable for your state: WE are a NJ Board approved program.
Prerequisite: Current NJ RDH license or NJ RDA Certification and a Current BLS for the Healthcare Provider CPR Certification.
(CPR classes are available under the BLS for the Healthcare Provider CPR section)
This program will cover planes of anesthesia and analgesia, pharmacology of nitrous oxide, patient evaluation, health history, and physical examination of patient during administration, clinical research, vital signs, emergency procedures, and occupational hazard issues.
This program includes 7 hours of didactic and 7 hours of clinical lab.
This program is approved by the NJ Board of Dentistry for practice in New Jersey.
If you are seeking approval for another state please contact that state to be sure this program will qualify.
There is no exam after the program. You must be able to attend both days as there are no make up days available for this program.
Credits: 14 CEUs
Tuition includes book : “Handbook of Nitrous Oxide and Oxygen Sedation” Book fee is $54.71 plus tax $3.65: Books are mandatory and part of the class and are supplied the first day of class. Book Price is not deducted from the class if you do not take the book. Students attending class online for the didactic portion can have books shipped and be charged a fee to do so.
- Lecture on the first day is held at our school in Fairfield or via taped video with live interactive question and answer at the end with Dr. Ephros via live webinar
- Clinic on the second day is held at St. Joseph’s Medical Center in the Dental Clinic in Paterson, NJ,
Instructor: Dr.Hillel Ephros, DMD, MD, Chairman, Department of Dentistry / Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Medical Director of the Regional Craniofacial Center and Residency Program Director, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center. Former examiner for the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Adjunct Professor, New York Medical College and adjunct faculty member, Columbia University and Rutgers Dental School