Presented by Dr. Arthur Feintuch-Chiropractic Physician
SPECIAL: “Hands-On component”
This presentation offers the Principles of Ergonomics and their applications.
The OBJECTIVE is to increase efficiency and reduce fatigue and disabilities. Proper ergonomic technique is vital in the dental practice
• Attendees will learn about the proper ergonomic technique to be used in every day dental practice to increase efficiency and reduce fatigue and disabilities.
• Learn the principles of ergonomics and their applications.
• Use good work practices, including proper lifting techniques.
• Become more aware of work tasks that may lead to pain or injury.
• Recognize early symptoms of MSDs.
• Understand the importance of addressing early indications of MSDs before serious injury develops.
Course Description: Includes both Lecture and SPECIAL: “Hands-On component”
• Definition of Ergonomics
• Introduction: You and Your Patient Do Not Have To Suffer Musculoskeletal Pain during Dental Procedures
• Proper Office Set Up
• Difference between Male and Female Pain Syndromes
• Ergonomically Designed Seating
• Physical and Emotional Stress Alleviation Techniques
• Musculoskeletal Disorders Defined
• Proper Body Positioning for Dentist and Patient
• Anatomy and Physiology of Hand and Feet Especially Carpal & Tarsal Tunnel Syndromes
• Exercise to Prevent Discomfort
• Relationship between Ipsilateral TMJ and SI Joint
• TMJ Pain Avoidance Techniques Applied After a Dental Procedure
• Nutrition to Help Stop Musculoskeletal Pain
• Spine Model Showing Herniation and Ruptured Discs
• PT Equipment U/S LVMS
Credits: 6 CEU’s [AGD: #770] [NJ Board of Dentistry: Approval #16-026]
Instructor: Dr. Arthur Feintuch
-Monmouth University Adjunct Professor Human Anatomy and Physiology
-Ocean County College-Developer and Adjunct Instructor EEG program
-Brookdale Community College- Adjunct Instructor, Pharmaceutical Math, Occupational Therapy
-Premier Medical and Dental Institute-Phlebotomy, EKG, Pharmacology, Injection Technique, Medical Law and Ethics, etc.
-Middlesex County College-Adjunct Instructor Anatomy and Physiology including lab and lecture
-Designed, developed, and instructed Post Graduate Cranial Anatomy course for continuing education credits to Post-Doctoral Physical Therapy Practitioners -Chiropractic Physician – Private Practice running 5 of my Chiropractic office’s consecutively for 35 Years
-Gibbs College-Adjunct Instructor Medical Assisting (entire program) –
-Dr. Arthur Feintuch has no financial relationships relevant to this presentation to disclose.