This program can be attended as either a :
*LIVE INTERACTIVE webinar or Attend at the School or Buy the taped version and watch at your convenience
Requirements to attend a live webinar:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- To verify attendance, a code word may be given sometime during the class.
- You will be required to complete and return an evaluation after the course has ended. The evaluation may ask what code word was given.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after the course.
*Attend at our School: we follow all the CDC/State Guidelines for Vocational Schools
Dr. Cohen will not be at our school and will be live at his location presenting this seminar
Viruses – At times our enemies — Sometimes our friends or as in the current pandemic, one virus is an enemy of the world
- What exactly is a virus and how does it live?
- How do these smart creatures invade us but can evade being wiped out by our body’s immune defense system which destroys most attackers?
- Why don’t antibiotics work on viruses?
- How does its shape, function and calculating brain enable viruses to “hijack our body cells”?
- How does it use our cellular systems to survive and make new “babies” to attack more cells?
- Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV, HPV
- Each of these virus invaders has a different route of infection
- Symptoms of each invader
- Therapies and vaccines (if available).
- Dental care considerations when treating patients with each of these viral infections.
- The Pandemic – Understanding COVID-19 (coronavirus SARS-CoV-2) and the Variants
- How does the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 infect a person?
- Patient symptoms from the SARS-CoV-2 attack
- What does a COVID-19 vaccine do to protect and individual
- What are the “variants” (Delta, Omicron)
- Newly FDA accepted vaccines and therapies for those infected
- Dental office protocols during the pandemic
- Teledentistry – the new “office visits” – guidelines
Credits: 3 CEUs
Location: DSI: 7 Spielman Road Fairfield, NJ or You can Participate in this seminar from your location via live interactive webinar or at your convenience with the taped version.
Instructor: Dr. Harold Cohen: is currently a Professor Emeritus at Rutgers School of Dental Medicine in Newark, NJ. He ran a private general dental practice in Old Bridge, NJ with an adjunctive focus on Orofacial Pain & Temporomandibular Disorders. In his past role at Rutgers Dental, he oversaw dental care of medically complex patients. He now has significant interests centering on immunology and genetics, which will be significant dental and medical Dx and TX considerations in the future. Dr. Harold Cohen has no financial relationships relevant to this presentation to disclose.
Dental Studies Institute is ADA CERP recognized provider, #07394037. The formal continuing education program of this sponsor are accepted by AGD for Fellowship/Mastership credit. The current term of acceptance extends for 03/03/1994 to 12/31/2024. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Dental Studies Institute designates each activity for continuing education credits. Credits are listed in each course description.
**The Content and format of this Continuing Education course is presented without commercial bias and does not claim superiority of any commercial product or service. No DSI Staff have a financial relationship with this speaker or company.