Home Study Book Covers: If you would like a book mailed to you, please purchase the shipping separately under the Home Study listing.
The fastest growing demographics in the United States is the geriatric patient. There are many different and challenging issues when dealing with these patients. More and more patients are retaining their teeth throughout their lives. This course focuses on the factors necessary in the care and treatment of the older patient.
1. To prepare the dental health professional to serve the special needs of the older population, which is increasing rapidly.
2. To increase awareness of the psychological effects of aging so that these changes can be considered when treating older patients.
3. To help dental health professionals respond to the special needs of geriatric patients in all aspects of dental care.
4. To help dental health professionals advise home health care that takes the special needs of geriatric patients into consideration.
5. To familiarize dental health professionals with common geriatric dental diseases.
Upon Completion of the Home Study book, the quiz at the end must be mailed | faxed in to receive your credits. Credits are earned when the Quiz is received at our facility. NOTE: Once purchased, these cannot be returned for refund. Once you pay for this booklet you will be emailed a link to access it.