This program can be attended as either a :
*LIVE INTERACTIVE webinar or Attend at the School:
Requirements to attend a live webinar:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- To verify attendance, a code word may be given sometime during the class.
- You will be required to complete and return an evaluation after the course has ended. The evaluation may ask what code word was given.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after the course.
*Attend at our School: we follow all the CDC/State Guidelines for Vocational Schools
Dental implants were introduced in the United States almost 40 years ago. Originally, Branemark would only offer the course to oral surgeons and then opened it to periodontists. However, today any one with a dental license can place implants. It is even part of the curriculum for endodontists and prosthodontists. While many dental implant reps will tell you there is a 95% success, which also equates to 1 failure out of 20 implants, the truth is that they do fail or do not initially integrate. Patient management is crucial when placing implants. The procedure is expensive and how we deal with the complications is critical in avoiding those poor YELP reviews. With more implants being placed each year, is not surprising there are more failures. However, if we can recognize an “ailing” implant and institute treatment, we can possibly retain that implant.
Credits: 3 CEU’s [AGD Code:#]
Instructor: Dr. Marc Goldman
Chairman of the Department of Periodontics in the Department of Dentistry at Newark Beth Israel Hospital.