Students should bring a large towel, blanket, or Yoga mat.
This class will include both didactic and hands on practice.
Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this program, the participant will be able to:
This program will explore the foundation of Mind and Body Methodologies and how to incorporate these techniques into practice.
- Review medical histories with the added objective of seeking opportunities to utilize Mind Body Methodologies
- Recognize when health or emotional factors may contraindicate these techniques
- Describe the foundations of Qigong and exercises which can enhance care
- Perform basic Qigong exercises which will instill health management
- Determine how to plan for proper appointment allotment to introduce this modality
Method of Instruction: Lecture
- Introduction to the History of Qigong and Mind Body Methodologies
- How it can be incorporated into treatment planning in the office.
- Review of Medical History
- Health Conditions which will benefit from these methods
- Foundations of Qigong: A. Movements B. Standing Meditation Practices
- Mind Body Methods
- Practical Techniques
- Power of Mind Body Connection
- History of Meditation
- Practice session
Credits: 4 CEU’s
Instructor: Gary T. McCabe, BA, MT
Gary McCabe, B.A. Cultural Anthropology, has been studying cross cultural human development and healing for over 25 years. He studied anthropology, yoga psychology and human development with Dr. A.K.B. Pillai, which included cross cultural field study in India, Europe and America. He has taught for over 15 years, presenting seminars and classes at Fortune 500 companies, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, adult schools and fitness facilities. He also offers private and small group training.