Dental License Renewal New Jersey 2023 : Mandatory Program
Three Hours Pharmacology and Internal Medicine
Harold V. Cohen, DDS – Professor Emeritus – Rutgers University
This program is presented as a Live Interactive Webinar as well as Attendance at our school
This program can be attended as either a:
*LIVE INTERACTIVE webinar
Requirements to attend a live webinar:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- To verify attendance, a code word may be given sometime during the class.
- You will be required to complete and return an evaluation after the course has ended. The evaluation may ask what code word was given.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after the course.
*Attend at our School: we follow all the CDC/State Guidelines for Vocational Schools.
Dr. Cohen will not be at our school and will be live at his location presenting this seminar. If you attend at our school, you will be able to watch him on the screen.
The New Jersey State Board of Dentistry has updated part of its continuing education requirements for license renewal 2023 to include the below listed mandated requirements:
- One Hour of Prescription Opioid Drugs
- Two Hours of Preventing and Controlling Infection Disease
- Three Hours with Practical Hands-On Certification for CPR
- One hour in Professional Ethics and NJ Law the Practice of Dentistry
- Three Hours Pharmacology and Internal Medicine as listed below:
This his training must include the appropriate use of:
- Local anesthesia / agents to control anxiety
- Drug (medication) knowledge and interactions
- Abuse of prescriptions by patients
- Taking complete medical histories
- The use of the New Jersey Prescription Monitoring Program (NJPMP)
This three-hour presentation will meet the mandated New Jersey continuing education requirements for part 5. These multiple topics will be covered in an understandable and practical format and include updated information relating to each topic.
Time: 9am to 12:00pm
Credits: 3 CEUs
Location: DSI: 7 Spielman Road Fairfield, NJ or You can Participate in this seminar from your location via live interactive webinar.
Instructor: Dr. Harold Cohen: is currently a Professor Emeritus at Rutgers School of Dental Medicine in Newark, NJ. He ran a private general dental practice in Old Bridge, NJ with an adjunctive focus on Orofacial Pain & Temporomandibular Disorders. In his past role at Rutgers Dental, he oversaw dental care of medically complex patients. He now has significant interests centering on immunology and genetics, which will be significant dental and medical Dx and TX considerations in the future. Dr. Harold Cohen has no financial relationships relevant to this presentation to disclose.
Dental Studies Institute is ADA CERP recognized provider, #07394037. The formal continuing education program of this sponsor are accepted by AGD for Fellowship/Mastership credit. The current term of acceptance extends for 03/03/1994 to 12/31/2024. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Dental Studies Institute designates each activity for continuing education credits. Credits are listed in each course description.
**The Content and format of this Continuing Education course is presented without commercial bias and does not claim superiority of any commercial product or service. No DSI Staff have a financial relationship with this speaker or company.