This course will simplify OSHA regulations and teach participants how to be in compliance. Also covered are the latest OSHA requirements concerning blood-borne pathogens and exposure control. A must for everyone in the dental office. Each dental office must do a min. of 3 hours of OSHA training each year. This program will satisfy that requirement.
New Hazard Communication Standard, all employers must train their employee’s on the new labels elements and safety data sheets format to facilitate recognition and understanding.
Learn how to interpret the code of Federal Regulations regarding OSHA as related to the dental office
Additional Topics discussed during Seminar:
- The Hazard Communication Standard **(Includes Updates for GHS Requirements – 2013)**
- The Blood Borne Pathogen Standard
- Understanding Universal Precautions and Infectious Diseases
- Proper procedures to avoid disease transmission
- The Exposure Control Plan
- Use of personal preventive equipment
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Labeling System
- Emergency and Safety Procedures
- Walking-Working Surfaces
- All necessary updates
Private classes are available at your facility, please call our school for details.
Note: In March 2012, The OSHA Hazard Communications Standard was updated to include the Global Harmonization Requirements. It is important to take your updated class so you will be in compliance with the new procedures.
Time of class is 9am to 3:30pm unless stated otherwise in the class dates
Credits: 6 CEU’s [AGD Code # 148]
Location: All classes are held at the DSI Fairfield Location unless otherwise noted.
Instructor: Joe Rector BSSE, OSHA Authorized General Industry OutReach Trainer