AGD Code # 148
OSHA UPDATE 2022 : Mandatory Yearly Compliance Program
This program can be attended as either a:
*LIVE INTERACTIVE Webinar:
Live webinars are interactive and are considered live credits; they are not distance learning.
Requirements to attend using the live webinar option:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- To verify attendance, a code word may be given sometime during the class.
- You will be required to complete and return an evaluation after the course has ended. The evaluation may ask what code word was given.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Live webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after the course.
- This course will simplify OSHA regulations and teach participants how to be in compliance.
- Also covered are the latest OSHA requirements concerning blood-borne pathogens and exposure control.
- A must for everyone in the dental office.
- Each dental office must do a minimum of 3 hours of OSHA training each year.
- This program will satisfy that requirement.
- Top Violations
- Rule Makings
- Record keeping
- Walking Working Surfaces
- Employer Requirements
- Employee Requirements
- Whistle blower
- Workplace Inspections
- Hazard Identification
- GHS Requirements
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Hepatitis .. A,B,C
- and others
- Exposure Control
- Declination Form
- Engineering Control
- Work Practice Controls
- Waste regulations
- Training requirements
- Fire Extinguishers
- Emergency Action Plan
- Record keeping
New Hazard Communication Standard will also be covered:
All employers must train their employees on the new labels elements & safety data sheets format to facilitate recognition and understanding.
The OSHA Hazard Communications Standard was updated to include the Global Harmonization Requirements. It is important to take your updated class so you will be in compliance with the new procedures. This program will satisfy the OSHA standard on Occupational Exposure to Blood Borne Pathogens, which is required annually for dentists and staff
All CDA Dental Assistants certificants, whether they hold one or more DANB certifications, must annually earn a minimum of three
(3) CDE credits that meet the following requirements:
• One CDE credit on OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogens standard (for example, certificants may use proof of meeting
the federally mandated OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens standard training), and
• Two CDE credits on infection prevention, control or safety (for example, courses may include any topics listed
in DANB’s Infection Control exam blueprint, which includes but are not limited to information in the OSHA
Bloodborne Pathogens standard).
Instructor: Joe Rector, BsE, EMT; OSHA Authorized General Industry Out Reach Trainer / Safety Engineer; AHA CPR, BFA Instructor-CPR-First Aid Coordinator