Opioid Education for Healthcare Providers uses a variety of eLearning assets such as self-directed learning, and interactive activities, to teach Opioid Education. This method of learning provides training consistency, adaptability to different learning styles, and flexibility for the student’s and employer’s time. Students can work at their own pace, applying their knowledge, and skills development.
This course does not have audio.
Who Should Take This Course?
The AHA’s Opioid Education for Healthcare Providers Course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need an understanding of the opioid epidemic, pathophysiology of an opioid overdose, and special considerations for taking care of patients with an opioid overdose.
This course is a self-directed eLearning course taken online via the Web or a Learning Management System (LMS). No hands-on skills session is required.
This course is intended for US audiences only.
What can you expect from the on-line class?
This course teaches:
- Recognition and treatment of opioid overdose (e.g., CPR and use of reversal agents)
- Details of the opioid epidemic and opioid use disorder
- Pathophysiology of pain and opioids leading to addiction
What are the learning objectives of the Opioid Education for Healthcare Providers Course?
At the end of the Opioid Course, students will be able to:
- Describe the current opioid epidemic in the US
- Review prescription pain medications and other drugs in the opioid epidemic
- Describe opioid effects on the brain
- Describe the pathophysiology of opioid overdose
- Identify the various types of presentations of opioid overdose
- Define what naloxone is and how it works
- Identify when naloxone should be administered
- Describe how naloxone is administered
- Demonstrate how to use an on a child
- Review care considerations after an opioid overdose
- Describe the potential risk of a subsequent opioid overdose
- Describe medication assisted therapy and alternative pain management strategies
You must pass the online test with an 84, with unlimited attempts … You will have access to this training for 24 months after activation.
CEU’s .. 1
Cost .. $ 29.95