This program is a LIVE INTERACTIVE Webinar. Live webinars are considered live credits, not distance learning.
This live webinar course was previously called Anxiety and Depression in these Stressful Times: The Importance of Nutrition. Nothing has changed except the course title.
Requirements to attend a live webinar:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- To verify attendance, a code word may be given sometime during the class.
- You will be required to complete and return an evaluation after the course has ended. The evaluation may ask what code word was given.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Live webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after the course.
2 CEUs – Good for the whole dental team!
This 2-hour live webinar will cover a holistic, natural way to address the symptoms of depression, specifically through nutrition. Learn how the gut and brain are connected and how the gut can influence mood, mind and behavior. The course will look at sugar, wheat, proteins and other parts of our diets. It will also address supplements, vitamins and important nutrients that can act as antidepressants. Learn how you may be able to alleviate anxiety and cope with depression by evaluating what you or your patients eat.
Instructor: Anabela Bacchione, NTP, RDH
Anabela Bacchione has been a Registered Dental Hygienist since 1990. Realizing the important role that good nutrition plays in oral health, she returned to school in 2007 to study at the Nutritional Therapy Association, a board-certified nutrition program based out of Olympia, WA. For over 10 years, she has worked as a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP) for private clients as well as for a large DMD practice in northern NJ where she is the Holistic Nutritionist on staff. She also lectures frequently, is a member of multiple health-related organizations, operates a private traditional food cooperative, and keeps up-to-date on nutrition and integrative medicine through attending numerous seminars and symposiums each year.
Dental Studies Institute is an Approved Provider with the American Dental Association Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP).