Live Interactive Webinar: Attend from your location (please have a laptop/desktop/or ipad to participate)
Attend at our school : limited seats will be available and not all dates have in school seats
This live webinar will fulfill the mandatory annual requirement for each member of the dental staff to be familiar with an Emergency Protocol.
This course is for anyone who has not taken a medical emergency program in the past year or if you would like a more extensive program.
*Understanding of the most common medical emergencies in presentation and treatment options.
*Review of vital signs, medical health history, and documentation
*Understanding what drugs are in an emergency drug kit, their indications, contraindications, dose and route of administration
This course will teach you and your staff the fundamentals of handling medical emergencies. It will answer the following questions: *Is there a protocol for managing a medical emergency in your office? *What action would be taken? *Who is responsible for documentation? *What drugs or equipment should be readily available in the office? This course will prepare your office and staff for a variety of emergencies. This course is recommended for the entire dental team.
13:30-8.26 EMERGENCY PROTOCOL States the following, with an (with an addition added May 2021)
Each Dental Office, facility, dental clinic or institute at which there is patient contact .. At a minimum, shall:
- Have a written protocol for managing medical or dental emergencies, including:
- Have equipment to maintain adult and pediatric airways, including;
- A portable oxygen delivery system with full face masks;
- a BVM combination with appropriate connectors capable of delivering positive pressure and oxygen-enriched patient ventilation.
- Have an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Battery Operated Equipment consisting of;
- Blood Pressure Monitoring Device; and
- Pulse Oximeter, all of which should be readily accessible and operating.
- Ensure that all staff are trained upon hire, and at least annually thereafter, and to implement the emergency protocol.
Chapter 30; Page 94 of Last Revision Date: 05/2021
Time: 9am to 3:30pm
CEU’s: 6 ceu’s
Instructor: Joe Rector, EMT, BsE; OSHA Authorized General Industry OutReach Trainer / Safety Engineer; AHA CPR, BFA Instructor-CPR-First Aid Coordinator