This program is a Live Webinar which reviews the Dental Radiology portion of the DANB, CDA exam for Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) Exam
You must have a Laptop/desktop/or ipad to view this Zoom Live Webinar as well as a camera and microphone
This program does not replace the 70 hour required program
You will need to see a powerpoint presentation as well as listed to the teacher during the presentations. Once you register you will receive a zoom invitation to join
Course Description & Objectives:
This course will prepare the student for the Dental Assisting National Board Certification Examination in dental radiology. Students must have already graduated from an accredited dental radiology program. This program is for individuals who need to retake the exam because of a failing DANB exam grade or as a review for the exam. This is an extended review class to help you prepare for the DANB Dental Radiology Exam. The course tuition does not include books. Books can be purchased the first day of class. If an applicant wants to obtain a NJ Radiology license without documenting any additional education or clinical experience, the DANB Dental Radiology exam must be passed and the person licensed within 5 years of completing an approved Dental Radiology program. If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Environmental protection for your specific questions. It is recommended that you have up to date books when preparing for this exam. If you need to purchase books, they can be found on our website or by calling our office
Radiation Health and Safety (RHS)
100 multiple-choice items
1¼ hours testing time
Expose and evaluate 26 %
Quality assurance and radiology regulations 21 %
Radiation safety for patients and operators 31%
Infection control 22%
This program does not include books: you should have access to as many of the follow:
1. Bird, Doni L., and Debbie S. Robinson. Essentials of Dental Assisting. 6th ed. St. Louis, MO:
2. Bird, Doni L., and Debbie S. Robinson. Modern Dental Assisting. 11th and 12th ed. St. Louis, MO:
Elsevier/Saunders, 2015 and 2018.
3. Ianucci, Joen M., and Laura J. Howerton. Dental Radiography Principles and Techniques (with CDROM). 5th ed. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier/Saunders, 2017.
4. Johnson, Orlen N., and Evelyn M. Thomson. Essentials of Dental Radiography for Dental
Assistants and Hygienists. 10th ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, 2018.
5. Miller, Chris H. Infection Control and Management of Hazardous Materials for the Dental Team. 6th
ed. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier/Mosby, 2018.
6. Phinney, Donna J., and Judy H. Halstead. Dental Assisting: A Comprehensive Approach. 5th ed.
Clifton Park, NY: Delmar Cengage Learning, 2018.