This program can be attended as either a :
*LIVE INTERACTIVE webinar: you will need an i-phone, i-pad, lap top, or desk top to view it. You do not need a microphone or webcam.
Webinar links are emailed one day prior to the class date.
*Attend at our School: we follow all the CDC/State Guidelines for Vocational Schools
Improving the success of Orthodontic, Endodontic & Restorative Dentistry- Periodontics- Am Session: 9am to 12pm
If you consider the problems associated with orthodontic therapy it is usually due not addressing the gingival condition either prior to or during orthodontic treatment. Difficulties with patient management are dealing with situations AFTER they occur. A pre-periodontal consultation can avoid many of these dilemmas. Some Endodontic failures are also avoidable by recognizing the patient’s periodontal condition PRIOR to treatment. Obviously the success of your restorative dentistry depends on the patient’s periodontal health.
Periodontics in the General Practice: The Business of Periodontics – PM Session: 12:30pm to 3:30pm
- The Effective Periodontal exam
- Explaining periodontal disease to your patients
- Systemic disease and links to periodontal disease.
- When to play and when to refer
- Establishing the relationship with the Periodontist.
- Effectively treating emergencies and performing initial therapy in the GP dental practice.
- How to submit the proper insurance claim.
- What are the limitations for procedures in a general practice?
Credits: 6 CEU’s [AGD Code:#]
Instructor: Dr. Marc Goldman
Chairman of the Department of Periodontics in the Department of Dentistry at Newark Beth Israel Hospital.