- Diabetes and its affect on oral health and its relationship to periodontal disease.
- Successful dental treatment on patients who have medical issues and the start of dementia.
- Treating our patients in the office in spite of their inadequate home care.
- Prevention strategies in managing the oral health of older adults in the dental office
The mouth is the window to health in our body. Evidence of systemic illness can show in the mouth. As doctors of oral health, we need to recognize the association between oral and systemic diseases. The presentation presents a model for a wellness based dental office that educates our patients and connects with our medical colleagues.
- The relationship between oral health and diabetes.
- Periodontal disease and its association with systemic disease
- Dental treatment for older patients with age related oral changes and medical issues.
- Dentistry on Patient’s with Dry Mouth and Medical Issues
- Identifying Sleep Apnea, Reflux, and Cancer
- Components to a wellness centered dental practice.
- Making your office senior friendly
Credits: 6 CEU’s [AGD Code #730 & #752]
Instructor: Dr. Arnold Liebman, has over 28 years in private practice in Brooklyn, NY as well as extensive teaching experience as Assistant Clinical Professor New York University College of Dentistry and Colgate Education Instructor as well as participation in the Lincoln Hospital Dental Residency Program. Dr. Liebman has lectured at the Greater New York, NYU College of Dentistry, Bronx County Dental Society, Harcum College Annual Dental Expo, and the New Jersey Dental Association as well as many other venues.