This program can be attended as either a :
*LIVE INTERACTIVE webinar: you will need an i-phone, i-pad, lap top, or desk top to view it. You do not need a microphone or webcam.
Webinar links are emailed one day prior to the class date.
*Attend at our School: we follow all the CDC/State Guidelines for Vocational Schools
3 Great Topics in 1 Day !
- Dental Considerations for Pregnant Patients and Nursing Mothers : Am Lecture 9am to 12pm
- Physiologic changes during pregnancy – our concern when providing dental care
- Safe dental care during all three trimesters – x-rays, treatment, medications
- Oral health and safety concerns for the newborn who is being breastfed.
- Current guidelines for dental health of the newborn and communicating this to the parent
- Providing Safe and Appropriate Care to the Older Age Patient
- Medical considerations for the older age patient
- Dental assessment and treatment planning – must focus on multiple issues relating to patient health, cognitive and functional ability, residence setting, finances, ability to maintain oral hygiene and restorations, other.
- Financial considerations
- Potential use of Teledentistry
- Prescription Writing and Avoiding Adverse Drug events: Pm Lecture 12:30pm to 3:30pm
- How drugs work and influence your prescription – Pharmacodynamics, Pharmacokinetics – in plain English – no formulas)
- Adverse drug events – what they are and how to avoid them
- Specific prescription writing considerations for patients with liver and/or kidney disease.
Time: 9am to 3:30pm
Credits: 6 CEUs
Location: DSI: 7 Spielman Road Fairfield, NJ or You can Participate in this seminar from your location via live interactive webinar.
Instructor: Dr. Harold Cohen: is currently a Professor Emeritus at Rutgers School of Dental Medicine in Newark, NJ. He ran a private general dental practice in Old Bridge, NJ with an adjunctive focus on Orofacial Pain & Temporomandibular Disorders. In his past role at Rutgers Dental, he oversaw dental care of medically complex patients. He now has significant interests centering on immunology and genetics, which will be significant dental and medical Dx and TX considerations in the future. Dr. Harold Cohen has no financial relationships relevant to this presentation to disclose.
Dental Studies Institute is ADA CERP recognized provider, #07394037. The formal continuing education program of this sponsor are accepted by AGD for Fellowship/Mastership credit. The current term of acceptance extends for 03/03/1994 to 12/31/2024. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Dental Studies Institute designates each activity for continuing education credits. Credits are listed in each course description.
**The Content and format of this Continuing Education course is presented without commercial bias and does not claim superiority of any commercial product or service. No DSI Staff have a financial relationship with this speaker or company.