How does what we eat affect our health? Our food is different today than it was in the past—-processed, treated, transported. What is a GMO? What is inflammation and how can we control it in the human body? Can we make ourselves feel better by eating differently instead of taking more medications? Learn about nutrition trends and about how food can be connected to gut, brain or oral health. Leave this class ready to help advise patients about how to feel better through diet.
- Understand how food impacts human health
- See how US food sourcing and delivery works today
- Learn the difference between calories and why the type of food and when it is eaten may affect both how one feels and whether one can control weight
- Understand different types of dietary fats and how they affect blood sugars, inflammation, gut health, sleep and weight
- Learn about what a genetically modified organism (GMO) is and its relationship to the American diet.
- See why some people have problems digesting gluten or dairy
- Determine the differences between types and sources of meat
- Evaluate how to advise patients about dietary concerns/solutions
DOES FOOD MATTER?
- How food impacts our health.
- Health cannot be reliant on just medications.
- Food history
- Counting calories cannot be measured equally.
- Will not have identical affects in weight loss, inflammation, hormones, brain function and gut.
SMALL MEALS VS 3 MEALS A DAY
- Portion control.
- Multiple meals a day.
- Affects on blood sugars, inflammation, gut health, sleep, and weight.
- Fats explained-Saturated/Polyunsaturated/Monounsaturated.
- Understanding fats & how it affects our health/inflammation.
EGGS & CHOLESTEROL CONNECTION
- Health benefits of eggs.
- Nutritional importance.
- History of eggs and cholesterol.
- Studies on benefits and downfalls.
- Health benefits for heart disease, diabetes, menopause.
- History on how soy traveled to American plates.
- GMO connection.
- Essential food?
- Harvesting and processing, GMOs
- Celiac connection
- Possible new healthy way.
- What is gluten free.
- Gut and brain health.
GMO & PESTICIDES
- The impact on our health.
- How to avoid them and why.
- Pro and Cons on our health, gut, bones, teeth.
- Lactose intolerance.
- Benefits for health.
- Organic/Grass fed/Pasture fed/Free range/Wild caught
- Affects on inflammation, heart health, hormones.
FATS THAT ARE SAFE TO COOK
- Choices of fats impact inflammation and health.
- Are they a safe replacement to sugar
- Weight gain connection
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019 Credits: 4 CEU’s Time: 9:00am to 1:00pm: Nutrition for DENTAL HEALTH
- Wednesday, August 14 , 2019 Credits: 4 CEU’s Time: 9:00am to 1:00pm: Nutrition for DENTAL HEALTH
- Sunday, September 15, 2019 Credits: 6 CEU’s Time: 9:00am to 3:30pm: See Special Notes Below:
- Sunday, September 15, 2019 9:00am to 1:00pm: Nutrition for DENTAL HEALTH
- Sunday, September 15, 2019 1:00pm to 1:30pm: Complimentary Lunch for Dental attendees staying for this 6 hour class
- Sunday, September 15, 2019 1:30pm to 3:30pm: DENTAL Case Studies about Nutrition
Instructor: Anabela Bacchione, NTP, RDH
Anabela Bacchione has been a Registered Dental Hygienist since 1990. Realizing the important role that good nutrition plays in oral health, she returned to school in 2007 to study at the Nutritional Therapy Association, a board-certified nutrition program based out of Olympia, WA. For the last 8 years, she has worked as a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP) for private clients as well as for a large DMD practice in northern NJ where she is the Holistic Nutritionist on staff. She is a member of many lectures frequently, is a member of multiple health-related organizations, operates a private traditional food cooperative, and keeps up-to-date on nutrition and integrative medicine through attending numerous seminars and symposiums each year.