This class is offered as a LIVE INTERACTIVE WEBINAR
You must have a laptop/desktop/or ipad to view the ZOOM interactive webinar
This is live so you will be able to ask the teacher questions during the presentation. You do not need to have a webcam to participate
This Preparatory Course will prepare the student for the Orthodontic Chairside portion of the Dental Assisting National Board Orthodontic Certification Examination. This program covers infection control and Orthodontic chairside procedures. This review follows the subject matter which is on the DANB exam listed below:
The exam consists of the following areas:
Orthodontic Assisting (OA) 210 multiple-choice questions:
OA Exam Weighting by Domain
I. Collection and Recording of Clinical Data (21%)
II. Dental Radiation Health and Safety (18%)
III. Orthodontic Procedures (35%)
IV. Patient Education and Office Management (26%)
Infection Control* (ICE) 100 multiple-choice
I. Standard Precautions and the Prevention of Disease Transmission (20%)
II. Prevention of Cross-contamination during Procedures (34%)
III. Instrument/Device Processing (26%)
IV. Occupational Safety/Administrative Protocols (20%)
- Applicants must have 1 year Ortho experience or graduate from an ADA-accredited Dental Assisting Program which equals a Minimum of 3,500 hours of approved work experience, (not this course).
- Must have a High School diploma or GED. (There is a $130.00 fee for foreign diplomas to be evaluated for US Equivalency)
- Must have completed an accredited Dental Radiology program.
- Must be certified in BLS CPR for the Healthcare Provider. (See DANB.org for approved organizations.)
- see the DANB.org for other pathway options.
Note: You must have 2 years of full time work experience in Orthodontics in order to take the DANB Ortho Examination, and one year of Ortho experience to take this program. Tuition includes “Modern Denta Assisting” which is $98.25 plus $6.95 tax = $105.20
. Tuition does not include the exam fee by the DANB. Student will pay that directly to DANB when they complete their exam registration packet.
Time: 9:00am to 2:30pm
Instructor: Christy Fountain