Have you ever wondered about Dental hygiene career settings besides private practice?
Would you like to meet hygienists who work outside of private practice?
Are you curious about how they got where they are?
We have a panel of dental hygienists who practice in the education, corporate, nutrition and public health sectors.
Come hear their stories, ask questions and possibly redirect your own dental hygiene career path.
Let our speaker’s help you develop your potential and embrace your strengths.
A fun and informative program that will help you recognize your own abilities and
choose the next path that will provide personal satisfaction.
Secure your seat, as there are limited seats available
- Karen Baez – Community
- Alicia Tisdale -RDH, BSHS . Since receiving her Associate in Applied Science and Dental Hygiene Certificate, Al-Isha received her Bachelor of Science in Health Science (BSHS) degree from SHP. She has been working in private practice as a dental hygienist. She is currently a student at Rutgers School of Health Professions, pursuing her Master’s degree in Health Science (Health Education Professions). Al-Isha has been an adjunct clinical and laboratory instructor with ADE, she has taught students in courses such as Dental Materials Laboratory and Dental Radiology Laboratory and Clinical sessions. Al-Isha has also taught dental hygiene students while they were providing preventive services to patients in the Scotch Plains dental clinic and at the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine. Al-Isha was one of the course instructors for Introduction to Clinical Dental Assisting (ICDA) and for Dental Specialties I and Dental Specialties II.
- Vicky Fedor – Education, Management
- Diane Penola –RDH, BS, MA, BCC is pursuing her interest in Forensic Odontology, after many years of practice in a clinical dental hygiene setting. She began by attending meetings of the American Society of Forensic Odontology and serving on the Board of Governors. She also joined the American Academy of Forensic Odontology. She is a member of DMORT, region II and responded to WTC, Katrina and Flight 587 disasters. She has attended FBI training related to missing persons and volunteers at the Forensic Anthropology Lab of the NJSP. Her forensic experience has had an impact on her clinical practice and popular culture.
- Liliana Scire, RDH is a Dental Health Insurance industry expert with over 30 years of experience. She was born in Ukraine and immigrated to US right after graduating High School.She embraced the challenge of not only learning the language but also graduating college and getting degrees in Dental Hygiene and BS in Health Administration.She is passionate about improving the oral health of our communities. Liliana has a proven ability to cultivate relationships. This ability lead her to become a consultant to medical and dental professionals helping them achieve higher levels of leadership skills, business growth and success.
- Frances Horning RDH, IAOMT, IABDM, HDA, AAOSH ;Fran graduated with a degree in Dental Hygiene in 1984 from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of NJ. She was introduced to Biological dentistry immediately upon graduation through the use of Phase Contrast Microscopy and now has returned to research and find the root cause and prevention of disease by utilizing Holistic modalities. She has established working relationships with many medical providers in the field of Alternative and Integrative Medicine and is one of the founding members and on the board of the first Holistic Chamber of Commerce in the state of New Jersey. Fran is the Qualitative Director of the largest biological practice in the state of New Jersey. She is also a public speaker who presents across the country on biological modalities, moderating and presenting webinars, creating Continuing Education courses, a ghost writer for articles and blogs on Holistic dentistry and has created many YouTube videos. She has experience in Public Relations, marketing and Social Media, and is an active member and works with the IAOMT (International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology) and the IABDM (International Academy of Biological Medicine and Dentistry) and is also a member of the HDA (Holistic Dental Association), and AAOSH (American Academy of Oral Systemic Health).
- Kimberly Ferruggia–RDH, AAS graduated from Dental Hygiene school in 1996 and has been in clinical practice ever since. Three years ago she obtained a position as a Territory Account Manager for Ultradent Products, Inc. Kimberly enjoys dentistry in all aspects including clinical and educational. Building personal relationships with patients, doctors, and the dental team is an important aspect of her job. Her main focus is educating and motivating patients and the oral health community. She has a love and passion for dentistry. When not working in the dental profession, Kimberly is a 300 hour certified Yoga instructor and a full time mom. She enjoys spending time with her family, cooking, skiing, an practicing yoga daily.
Facilitator: Latanya O. Williams, RDH, BS has been an educator for over twenty-five years and is a Dental Studies Institute adjunct faculty. She graduated from Loyola University (New Orleans, LA) with a Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene degree. She has instructed at allied dental education programs as well as served as full-time dental hygiene faculty at UMDNJ- School of Health Related Professions (now Rutgers). She has presented on various continuing education topics over the years.
Date: Sunday, June 3, 2018
Time : 9am to 3:30pm
Credits: 6 CEU’s
Location: DSI: Fairfield, NJ
( Under the discretion of the School and to insure a successful program, DSI reserves the right to change speakers if necessary without notifying the attendees)