This program can be attended as either a :
*LIVE INTERACTIVE webinar or Attend at the School:
Requirements to attend a live webinar:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- To verify attendance, a code word may be given sometime during the class.
- You will be required to complete and return an evaluation after the course has ended. The evaluation may ask what code word was given.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after the course.
*Attend at our School: we follow all the CDC/State Guidelines for Vocational Schools
Dr. Cohen will not be at our school and will be live at his location presenting this seminar
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) 3 Hrs. New medical diagnostics and treatments are improving the quality of and extending life! You may be treating those patients with cardiovascular disease, both well managed medically and not under good control. The information provided can aid in your understanding of a patient’s cardiovascular health and your own cardiovascular health.
- Unique properties of cardiac structure and function.
- Current medical diagnostic procedures for CVD – science and technology are expanding the ability to diagnose problems
- Understand various CVD pathologies and current medical care for CVD – science and technology are expanding the ability to treat CVD.
- The dental patient with CVD
- Patient assessment and guidelines for dental treatment – their CVD status and how their medical care may impact your planning and treatment.
- Review of the current guidelines for endocarditis prophylaxis.
Time: 9am to 12:00pm
Credits: 3 CEUs
Location: DSI: 7 Spielman Road Fairfield, NJ or You can Participate in this seminar from your location via live interactive webinar.
Instructor: Dr. Harold Cohen: is currently a Professor Emeritus at Rutgers School of Dental Medicine in Newark, NJ. He ran a private general dental practice in Old Bridge, NJ with an adjunctive focus on Orofacial Pain & Temporomandibular Disorders. In his past role at Rutgers Dental, he oversaw dental care of medically complex patients. He now has significant interests centering on immunology and genetics, which will be significant dental and medical Dx and TX considerations in the future. Dr. Harold Cohen has no financial relationships relevant to this presentation to disclose.
Dental Studies Institute is ADA CERP recognized provider, #07394037. The formal continuing education program of this sponsor are accepted by AGD for Fellowship/Mastership credit. The current term of acceptance extends for 03/03/1994 to 12/31/2024. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Dental Studies Institute designates each activity for continuing education credits. Credits are listed in each course description.
**The Content and format of this Continuing Education course is presented without commercial bias and does not claim superiority of any commercial product or service. No DSI Staff have a financial relationship with this speaker or company.