Cannabis & Dental Patients: Discussing the use of Cannabis in New Jersey by Dental Patients
This program is a LIVE INTERACTIVE Webinar. Live webinars are considered live credits, not distance learning.
Requirements to attend a live webinar:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- To verify attendance, a code word may be given sometime during the class.
- You will be required to complete and return an evaluation after the course has ended. The evaluation may ask what code word was given.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Live webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after the course.
2 CEUs – Good for the whole dental team!
Course Description: New Jersey has recently legalized cannabis, but what does this mean for our patients in dentistry? The cannabis plant offers an enormous therapeutic potential, including analgesic effects, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant properties and anxiolytic qualities, but also has side effects and concerns for oral health. This course will evaluate and discuss the current cannabis products available in New Jersey and discuss the risks and benefits to the use of cannabis both recreationally and medically.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- Describe and define cannabinoids and list the potential applications of CBD, THC, CBG, CBN and the essential oils of cannabis, called terpenes.
- Discuss concerns for dental patients including cancer risk from inhalation, caries and periodontal disease risk, local and nitrous oxide considerations and more.
- Improve the ability to communicate with patients about cannabis, hemp, strains and methods of administration.
- Understand the different types of access to cannabis and the products available in New Jersey.
Instructor Nicole Greco: Nicole is a passionate educator with a wealth of knowledge gained through experiences in formal education to alternative medicine to holistic dentistry. Nicole holds a MA in Health Education from Columbia University and a BS in Dental Hygiene from NYU. Nicole spent over 15 years in formal dental hygiene education, serving in various positions from High School Dental Assisting Instructor to the Dean of Dental Hygiene. Nicole has held dental hygiene licenses in four states and medical cannabis “cards” in three states. Learn how a life changing cannabis arrest transformed her dental hygiene education career into a cannabis educator career at the largest Cannabis Certification Clinic in New Jersey. Nicole shares what she has learned through these continuing education courses, which are comprehensive, engaging and thought provoking.