BLS CPR for Healthcare Provider
The AHA’s BLS course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compression’s, deliver appropriate ventilation’s and provide early use of an AED. This course reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
** NOTE: AFTER YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR COURSE, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO OBTAIN YOUR “E-CARD” within a few days.
Follow the AHA recommendations for equipment decontamination during CPR training with the following additional requirements:
- All participants should practice good hygiene, including handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after the course, and before and after snack or meal breaks
- Instructors should decontaminate the manikins after each student practices or tests on the manikin using an alcohol-based solution per CDC recommendations
- During AHA courses where mouth-to-mouth or mouth-to-mask breaths are practiced, providers should be allowed to give simulated breaths. Course participants should demonstrate the actions of placing the mask or other barrier device over the mouth and nose of the manikin, opening the airway manually, then simulate giving breaths without contacting the barrier device or manikin with their mouth.
- Bag masks should be used when practicing two-rescuer skills, and participants should wear gloves and clean bag masks between practices with an alcohol-based solution per CDC recommendations
- When possible, manikins should be spaced apart at least 3 feet (1 meter) during training, based on WHO guidance on social distancing
The AHA’s BLS Course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and pre-hospital settings.
The AHA BLS Provider Course will cover High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants, the AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
>Important early use of an AED
>Effective ventilation’s using a barrier device
>Importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
>Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants; and
>Instruction for one and two person adult, pediatric and infant CPR, rescue breathing, obstructed airway, Automated External Defibrillator use, and use of barrier devices as required by OSHA.
As long as all course components are met by each student, the student will receive a “BLS Provider Basic Life Support Certification E-Card” by email. This card is the new version of the old “Healthcare Provider” CPR Card. This is the card that the American Heart Association is providing, and neither Dental Studies nor Lifesavers can do anything unfortunately about the layout of the card. It is the BLS CPR for the Healthcare Provider CPR E-Card, even though it doesn’t state that specifically.
Upon successful completion, participants will receive a 2-year BLS Provider Course Completion eCard
Course Length- Approximately 3 hours
Daytime — Fairfield, NJ 9:00am–12:00 pm
Evening — Fairfield NJ 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Location: 7 Spielman Road, Fairfield, NJ 07004
CREDIT … 3 CEU’s [AGD CODE #: 142]
NOTE: CLASS BEGINS ON TIME ……………………
IF YOU ARE MORE THAN 15 MINUTES LATE TO CLASS, YOU WILL NOT BE ADMITTED AND WILL HAVE TO RESCHEDULE TO ANOTHER CLASS SCHEDULED.